Money mates is all about helping individuals to learn healthy financial and budgeting skills and realising that they are not alone.
Money mates is a peer led group, facilitated by Family Works trained Financial Mentors. Money Mates is held at various locations across Otago.
The tailored group will:
- help you understand money, debt, financial products, loans and other money topics
- give you the chance to hear what other people have done in similar situations to you
- assist with access to useful information and resources
- connect you with networks in the community.
Find out more about money mates
Financial mentors are available to help you set up a healthy financial plan that will work for you. Family Works Financial Mentors are trained to help you get the right support to put together a healthy financial plan that works for you, and your whanau/family.
With a Financial Mentor you will:
- better understand budgeting, debt, financial products, loans and other money topics
- work out a financial plan that is right for your situation
- help you plan so you reduce any ongoing ongoing cycles of debt
- be supported and empowered to negotiate reduced payments or generating additional financial resource.
Find out more about financial mentors