As the winter months arrive, the number of people who look to us for help increases dramatically across all of our services.
Family Works social workers are seeing a growing number of families, including many working families, seeking help.
Household incomes were stretched by a cooler summer. The cost of feeding, clothing, and warmly housing a family during Otago’s winter can be too much for some families.
We help by providing an emergency food parcel, counselling, financial mentoring, support to find emergency housing, or by providing winter clothing. Anyone can call or walk in through our doors and they will find the comfort and support they need.
Our Enliven services for older people are also increasing, with more demand at this time of year. Many older people in our community become increasingly isolated over winter - they rely on our Visiting Volunteer programme and other Enliven initiatives to remain socially connected.
You can help people in your community through the cold winter months, by generously supporting us.
- $40 will provide a family with a much-needed food parcel
- $80 will support someone with budget advice and mentoring
- $150 will enable us to support someone with emergency housing overnight
- $160 will train and provide ongoing support for an Enliven Visiting Volunteer
- $800 will provide support from a social worker for a family in a housing crisis
Please help us to support our community this winter - get involved and make your donation here.